Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gifted Awareness Week

Today marks the end of Gifted Awareness Week for 2011 in New Zealand. My hope is that it also marks the start of a new era of action for all those who are working with students of promise. I leave the last word to the children that I had the privilege of working with today.
My question ... What would you like teachers to know about you ?
And a sample of student responses...
-I can come up with good ideas if I am given time to think
(aged 10)
-I find normal school things too easy and I want to be challenged.
(aged 10)
- I'd like them to find out how I learn, why I learn the way that I do, and to understand my life outside school.
(aged 13)
- I'd like them to know that I am very eager to learn.
(aged 7)

So there you are, teachers. Over to you.
Elaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment